With a projected CAGR of over 7.5% between 2023 and 2030, the global English language training (ELT) market is expected to rise from a value of about USD 72.5 billion in 2022 to around USD 129.3 billion by 2030. English Language Training, sometimes known as ELT, is the process of learning and mastering the English language, with a particular emphasis on reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. ELT can be obtained through a variety of channels, including online courses, classroom teaching, textbooks, interactive software, and language schools.
The English Language Teaching (ELT) market is now exhibiting a positive outlook, which can be attributed to positive drivers such as globalization, increased awareness about the significance of English language skills, increasing demand for English language skills in the job market, and the expansion of the industry of digital learning. As more people and businesses become aware of the importance of English language proficiency for both social and economic success, the industry is experiencing substantial development as a result.
The ELT market is undergoing significant change as a result of the proliferation of online platforms and technology-driven solutions. Access to English language education has grown both more convenient and more economical as a result of technological advancements such as virtual classrooms, mobile language learning apps, and language learning tools powered by artificial intelligence (AI). As a result, chances have been made available to students from all over the world, particularly those in countries that are still developing.
The global English Language Training (ELT) market is dominated by players like:
- Pearson ELT
- New Channel International
- Wall Street English
- Inlingua International
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Berlitz Languages
- Rosetta Stone
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- New Oriental
- EF Education First
- Meten English
- Global Education (GEDU)
Opportunities in the ELT Market
- Teaching and Tutoring: With the growing demand for English language proficiency, there’s a need for qualified English teachers and tutors. Whether you’re a certified teacher or a language enthusiast, there are numerous opportunities to teach English to learners around the world.
- Content Creation: ELT providers require high-quality learning materials, from textbooks to digital content. If you have expertise in curriculum development, content creation, or instructional design, there’s a market for your skills.
- EdTech Innovation: As technology continues to shape the ELT landscape, opportunities abound for EdTech entrepreneurs. Developing innovative language learning apps, AI-driven platforms, or educational games can be a promising venture.
- Cultural Exchange Programs: Combining language learning with cultural experiences is an exciting area for growth. Organizing cultural exchange programs that immerse learners in English-speaking environments can be a rewarding business endeavor.
- Professional Training: If you have a background in business or are an expert in a specific industry, offering specialized English language training for professionals can be a lucrative opportunity. Corporate clients often seek customized programs for their employees.
The global English Language Training (ELT) market is segmented as follows:
- Digital Learning
- Through Books Learning
- In Person Courses
- Educational & Tests
- Kids and Teens