Due to emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic, in the last two years, healthcare industry has witnessed rapid transformation and raised the demand for online methods of healthcare system management. This was valid in both pharmacy management solutions and patient care. As per the research put out by PwC, 77 % of the clinicians say that “nontraditional care venues” including concierge medicine, on-demand telehealth, etc. helps people in several ways and are also helping to accomplish desired patient outcomes.
Similarly, this is applicable in e-commerce and healthcare marketing where novel technological advancements have led to a rapid transition of healthcare marketing and an upper hand is taken up by nontraditional methods. Some of the marketing trends became widely accepted and gained immense popularity as it provided benefits to the stakeholders. Some of the benefits offered are as follows:
- Cost-effective marketing solutions to seize target audience.
- For smartphones, optimization of complete product range.
- When customers are looking for a trusted source, utilization of SEO i.e., Search Engine Optimization, to accelerate early-funnel communication.
- In order to seek for the people that are looking for care in designated areas, market in local search experiences.
Let’s have a look at the new revolutionized trends of marketing which exhibits huge potential:
- Social Proofs: Unlike other business sectors, healthcare sector is critical where customer is endlessly concerned about the authenticity and quality of the hospital-care facilities, nutraceuticals, healthcare products, and pharma. Thus, as e-commerce healthcare industries has started with their operations, it is necessary for them to focus aggressively on social proofs. Social proofs can be:
- Reviews and ratings on different online channels.
- Testimonials such as video, text, etc. from buyers and patients.
- Q & A segments.
- Radio placements, magazine, and newspaper including interviews.
- Community involvement.
- Social media presence and engagement.
- Personalized Healthcare Marketing: According to Salesforce report, 92% of the vendors accept as true that customers expect personalized experiences making them adhesive to e-commerce sites. Thus, to better provide the needs to the customers, there is need to improve the portals of healthcare e-commerce platforms. This can be accomplished by showing treatment or condition-specific information and content which will help to grab attention of the audience.
- Digital Advertising: At an extremely reasonable finances, platforms such as Instagram Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and others helps the brands to reach a widespread audience.
- Social Media Live Streaming: Currently, the most extensively adopted marketing trend is connecting live with the audience. Healthcare sector is among the sectors who have also accepted this marketing trend as it promotes transparency. Through the live sessions, product reviews can be given which in turn helps to set an environment that eliminates the belief of forced promotions.
- SEO optimization: Necessary data is provided to the customers/patients as per their preferences. By understanding a particular keyword-based page on the website which is creating a huge traffic, the customers are eager to explore more regarding the keyword-related segment and by providing more data around SEO data which will help the customer to build brand trust and customers will get personalized experience.
All these trends are widely adopted by healthcare sector at a rapid pace and in forthcoming years, in marketing there will be transformation with the adoption of AI tools.