Sisodiya Wants Written Reports From The Bureaucrats
Put out by the bureaucrats’ decision of boycotting the meetings, due to the alleged assault, on Delhi’s Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia declared, that his department’s secretaries are required to submit the status of proposals on hold, in writing, every Thursday. This happened two days after the IAS and DANICS associations’ decided that the officers are supposed to communicate only in writing with AAP ministers till Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal seeks an apology for the alleged assault on Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash at his residence, on Monday night.
As per Rule 17 of Transaction of Business Rules (1993), Mr. Sisodia ordered that principal secretary of education and the respective secretaries of art, culture and languages should submit statements on proposals and relevant matters at their expected time-line. He issued orders to two departmental heads, inquiring the details of reports which require weekly submission. In an order, to the principal secretary of education, Mr Sisodia objected to the current practice of reporting with only the status updates, stating that in case any issue concerning the education department is pending with any other department, the onus lies with the principal secretary of education to inquire the status with the reasons for delay and include that particular information, as well, while reporting for their respective projects.
Mr. Sisodia, who is also responsible for the portfolio on education, said that on December 29, 2016, an order had been issued for the weekly submission of reports but those reports were yet to be submitted, since past several months.
He reiterated that the weekly reports, are meant to be submitted as per Rule 17 of the Transaction of Business of Government of NCT of Delhi Rules, 1993 (TBR) and this particular practice should be mandatory by, February 26, 2018. He told this issuing an order to the principal secretary of the education department.